Our saleroom is easily accessible and has good parking and loading facilities. Click here for how to find us.
If you are attending the sale please register at the office and give your name when you buy at the weekly sale or paddle number at the antique sale.
Catalogues are available on Tuesdays – £1 weekly sale – £2.00 antique sale. Both catalogues will be online prior to viewing (antique sale with pictures). Pictures and news regarding items coming up for sale will also be posted in the news/blog section.
Look around making a note of the items you are interested in and feel free to ask for estimates. If you can’t attend the sale you may leave pre-sale bids at the office up to a maximum that you would be prepared to pay. Bids will then be executed as cheaply as possible subject to other bids or reserves.
You can collect items at two stages during the auction, at the end of the sale or on Thursday.
Alternatively your purchases can be delivered by our carrier.
Purchaser Conditions of Sale
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between bidders or any mistake is made the lot may be put up again. The auctioneer is the final arbiter
2. The advance in the bidding will be regulated by the auctioneer who reserves the right to refuse any bidding, or to bid on behalf of the vendor on any lots upon which there is a reserve, or to withdraw, consolidate or divide any lot before or during the sale
3. No lots may be removed until the purchaser’s account is paid in full. The buyer shall not become the owner or any lot and the auctioneer shall have a lien thereon until the purchaser’s account is paid, but after the fall of the hammer the risk of damage or loss shall nevertheless be the buyer’s
4. All lots must be paid for and removed by Thursday 6pm. Purchasers who do not pay and collect by this time may have their bids refused in future sales
5. Payment can be made by cash, debit card or bank transfer. Credit card payments will have a surcharge of 2% plus VAT
6. A buyer’s premium of 16% plus VAT is charged on the hammer price
7. Online Bidding
We offer an online bidding service for the antique sales via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are made with Warren & Wignall Ltd:
a: authorise Warren & Wignall Ltd, if they so wish, to charge the credit card given in part or full payment, including all fees, for items successfully purchased in the auction via the-saleroom.com
b: confirm that you are authorised to provide these cedit card details to Warren & Wignall Ltd through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Warren & Wignall Ltd are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and address provided in fulfilment of the sale
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge plus VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price
8. Postage and packing by arangement. Minimum charge £15 plus VAT
9. In the event of loss or damage to items posted it is the purchaser’s responsibility to make any claim from the insurance made on their behalf
10. Any damage caused by removal of goods must be made good by the person comitting the same. Principles being considered responsible for the acts of their servants
11. The auctioneer undertakes that care has been taken to see that catalogue descriptions and condition reports are accurate, but these must be taken as matters of opinion only and shall not be taken as statements of fact. Buyers must make their own judgement as to the nature, authenticity or condition of any lot. The auctioneers do not give any warranty as to the title of the lots sold and will not be liable for any defect in such title
12. Any items remaining unpaid for may be resold and any deficiency made good by the defaulter